Anniversary Gifts For Children
What do you get your children celebrating an Anniversary?
When it comes to choosing an Anniversary Gift for your
children there are a few key factors to consider;
- It is quite likely you will be the only people
that will remember their anniversary, apart from themselves. So it is important!
- You are an important part of their lives and an Anniversary is the perfect time to show them how much they mean to you.
- Your children may want or need a practical gift
- Or they may like a more traditional anniversary
gift appropriate for this year’s anniversary.
One of the best ways to find out if they need a practical
gift is to ask! Or you may notice that they could do with something.
Either way an Anniversary is a very appropriate time to give a more practical gift, without it looking a bit odd. Not all parents turn up at their children's houses with a new set of mugs or glasses for example.
However an Anniversary is a time of celebration and you
could maybe include the practical gift with a gift from the traditional list
Anniversary Gifts By Year
Here are some more classic Anniversary Gift ideas for your children and their husbands and wives;
1st Anniversary is paper and this could be
- tickets to see a show or their favorite team.
- Their wedding photos in an album
- A book of vouchers for babysitting.
2nd Anniversary is cotton
- New set of table or bed linen
3rd Anniversary is leather
4th is fruit or flowers
- A basket of their favorite fruits or a jar of your best
homemade jam – with the family recipe too
5th anniversary is wood
- Wood is such a practical gift it could be a new chopping
board, wooden handles utensils, bench for their back yard.
6th anniversary is candy or iron
- There are lots of iron kitchen utensils that you probably
wouldn’t buy yourself but would love to have.
7th anniversary is wool or copper
- This could be new throw blankets – make sure you check the
color scheme that they would like!
- Or copper for some funky kitchen bits if
they love cooking.
8th anniversary is bronze
- If they are into their sculpture then there are a number of
bronze statues that would look great.
- Or you could have fun and fill a big jar
or bottle with bronze coins.
9th anniversary is pottery
- They may need a few replacement plates, bowls or cups or
they may feel that those they received for their wedding gift are starting to
look a bit dated. They may even have had their eye on a new set, so best ask
before you buy something so personal.
- Or you could have some fun and buy them
10th anniversary is tin
- You could have loads of fun with this! Tins of food could be
added to a gift basket of all their favorites.
- A new pan to cook them in!
11th Anniversary is steel
- Steel is great if your children love to cook as there are
loads of stainless steel cooking items,
- Or you could go with the dark grey
steel color and find items for the home that you know they will love.
12th Anniversary is silk
- Thinking about what your children would love – silk throws,
pictures or cushion covers
- Or something to wear? There are lots of stunning
silk scarves and ties, as well as silk jewelry that is very pretty.
13th Anniversary is lace
- Lace can come in many forms – a lace table cloth or mats,
doillies, or bed linen.
- You may however find it easier to find a gift that they
will love with a lace pattern or how about baking them an Anniversary Cake and
serving it on a lace doillie?
14th Anniversary is ivory
- Real ivory is not a gift that you would want to gift,
instead look at ivory color and find a gift you know they will love.
15th Anniversary is crystal
- Lots to choose from with crystal!
- Crystal wine glasses, a decanter,
maybe even personalized glasses, crystal ornaments,
- binoculars if they love
walking and nature,
- or a new camera.
- The last two fit the theme as they have
lenses which at one point would have been made from crystal.
20th Anniversary is china
- China works in two ways – new crockery or treating them at
their favorite Chinese restaurant.
25th Anniversary is silver
- This is a big anniversary and one that will bring back many
memories from 25 years ago. You know these two better than anyone and you were
there when they married. A family inspired gift would be perfect.
30th is pearl
- Another big anniversary and this time you will probably want
to go with the color pearl.
- Maybe a photo album filled with memories from the
past 30 years.
40th is ruby
- Ruby is a fab color, a deel red and an obvious gift is a
bottle of red wine, or maybe some new wine glasses.
50th is gold
- A golden anniversary and one to treasure.
Terms & Conditions | About | Advertise With Us | Site Map