50th Wedding Anniversary Planning
50th Wedding Anniversary planning can seem rather daunting as it is such a special day and celebration.
A celebration that you will want to be perfect.
The key is to plan and get as much help as possible!
First, think about how your anniversary couple would like to celebrate.
And if this is you and you are planning your own party this will be much easier to decide.
- Do they love a big party
- or will they be more at home staying at home and having a more intimate get together?
- And what is the budget?
There are no rules to decide who should and shouldn't plan a 50th Anniversary Party, or any rules for how anything should be done so please make sure you plan the party you want.
Who To Invite To a 50th Anniversary Party
Knowing who you are going to invite and the number of possible guests will help when you are looking for where you are going to have your party.
With 50 plus years together there will be a lot of family and friends!
Close friends and family are always a good start and when you start writing your list it will keep growing.
We have found that if you write everyone down that you would like to invite and then leave the list alone for a few days. There are bound to people that you have forgotten and equally some people that you may want to leave off the list.
When you have had time to look over your list a few times you will be ready to start to start looking for a possible venue.
How To Choose Your 50th Party Venue
When you start looking for a venue you will also need to think about the type of party you want to have.
- Are you planning a sit down dinner with dancing,
- a tea party,
- a buffet
- a bbq
as this will have a big influence on the room that you will need. Plus it will have a big impression on the budget too!
- If you have a number of guests that will be travelling to your party it would be helpful to find accommodation to suit all budgets. It will be nice to have as many people to celebrate with you as possible, you don't want them put off by the cost of coming.
- When you have decided on your venue you will need to secure it with a deposit.
Catering for your 50th Anniversary
- Look to choosing the food you are going to serve. This may be as easy as choosing from the choice of your venues menus or you may have to think about hiring a caterer.
- Or you may be looking to cater the party yourself! If you are, then there are lots of ideas for Anniversary Party food here.
I have found that having a checklist when you are planning any type of
party really helps to ensure you don't forget anything. I have put
together the checklists that I use for anniversary parties. The timeline
is good for when you are not sure where to start!
Free printable anniversary party planning checklist here!
Free anniversary party tips and timeline.
If you need any party planning help please drop me a line in the help section at the top of the page and I will get back to you.
We deliver Anniversary Gifts to USA & UK, Europe, Australia
Terms & Conditions | About | Site Map