Modern 20th Anniversary Gift Idea Guide
- Your 20th anniversary gift idea from the modern anniversary gift list is platinum. No longer will you need to wait for your 70th anniversary to receive the platinum jewelry that you have your eye on!
- Platinum is a rare and therefore expensive metal, you need to know what to look for to ensure you get the best for your money. Platinum is graded by purity and the current 4 UK standards since 1999 are 850, 900, 950 and 999 parts per 1000. Basically the higher the quality the more expensive it will be.
- It becomes more difficult if you are looking for antique platinum. In the UK, platinum was not hallmarked until January 1st 1975, which by my books wasn't that long ago. Anything before that date had no marking so unless you are an expert you will need to take your seller's word for it. If you stick with a reputable company then there shouldn't be a problem.
To give you the complete picture between 1975 and 1998 the official standard of purity was 950 parts per 1000.
You can also buy platinum plated jewelry which looks as pretty but costs a fraction of the real thing. Here are some pretty pieces that you can personalize. Click on the link for more information.
- For those not wanting to buy jewelry the color platinum does provide some exciting and expensive gift options! A platinum car and even a platinum credit card for a big shopping spree spring to mind!
- For the rest of us there are some beautiful flowers that have been named after the platinum anniversary - ask your local plant seller for some alternatives. You could also have a platinum photo frame. Platinum tickets to see sports games and concerts in vip areas would also be a big wow factor!
Here are lots of platinum themed gift ideas for you to look at.
Find Your Perfect Anniversary Gift
Terms & Conditions | About | Advertise With Us | Site Map