50th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas For Parents
Find your perfect anniversary gift
We have lots of 50th wedding anniversary gift ideas for your parents, with lots of ways to include gold as part of their celebrations.
- One really easy way to add gold to your gifts is to make sure you wrap everything in gold paper. This works really well if you have put together a gift basket for your Mom and Dad too.
- And remember gold gifts don't have to be made from real gold, there are lots of gift ideas that are the color of gold too.
- Plus, don't just think gold for your gift, think about what you know your parents will love, we have put together some of our favorites to give you ideas.
Anniversary flowers are a must but they don't last for very long unless you send these gorgeous roses from JustPapeRoses.
They also have gold roses made in lace too.
Both are equally lovely and the paper roses you can personalize too.
Choose to send a single Golden Rose or a Bouquet of Golden Roses.
If you would go for tradition, gold is the gift to aim for.
may want a nice gold necklace or bracelet. Your dad may want to replace
his old watch.
And personalizing these gifts for your Mom and Dad makes them even more special.
Lots of Personalized Gold Anniversary Jewelry in our Anniversary Collection
More inexpensive gifts would be to go for something golden in color, like a gold scarf and necktie.
your parents are coin collectors, these are great gifts too. Other
options for golden things are brooch, cuff links, rings, pendant and earrings.
The meaning of golden here simply means special.
You do not have to be limited by gold things for traditional 50th wedding anniversary gift
ideas for parents.
- You could put together a
story of your parents' married life through pictures and notes.
- You can
make a big scrapbook project for this idea and ask the help of everyone
in the family and your parents' friends for pictures of your parents
from the time they were dating up
to the present.
- The pictures could be old and faded but technology will
take care of that. Make small notations on each picture quoting your
sources for more authenticity. Write the notes in gold ink.
- Have the
scrapbook hardbound in golden special paper.
- Make the scrapbook a labor
of love. This could be a perfect traditional 50th wedding anniversary
idea for parents.
We have found lots of gold colored scrapbook albums, gold papers and all the lovely extras at Amazon
If you are looking for a very personal gift, how about a canvas with key dates from the past 50 years?
You could have dates of when they met, their 1st date, when they were married, when children arrive, right up to their 50th anniversary.
There are some lovely canvas designs to buy at:
Golden Family Portrait
When was the last time you and the whole family sat down for a portrait?
Why not have an informal family picture taken by a professional. Don't
let your parents know that the photographer is a pro and is all set on
taking candid pictures of the family to make a photo album. You can pick
the most beautiful shot of the family and have it framed in gold. You
can help hang the picture in your parents' house. You can also frame
smaller family pictures and set them on top of a console or a piano or
Golden Family Quilt
Call all of your mom's friends who are handy with needles and
together make a quilt.
- Each patch should be done by family and friends.
- You can use significant cloths for the patches to make the anniversary
quilt meaningful and not just beautiful.
- The patches can tell a story or
represent parts of your parents' married life. Make use of technology.
- Have your parents' images transferred into a piece of plain cloth and
make that piece the center of the family quilt, you could use images
from their wedding day and as they are today.
You can buy photo transfer paper at Amazon
which you use in your own home printer. Then you use an iron to iron the transfer on.
- It just shows that 50th wedding anniversary gift ideas don't have to be made of gold!
More Homemade 50th Wedding Anniversary Ideas
Personalized Anniversary Throw
If you would prefer to leave the sewing to the professionals how about this lovely personalized 50th anniversary throw?
Add your parents' names and the date they were married.
My mother-in-law had a throw just like this, always draped over the back of her favorite chair.
More details on this one here ...
A couple celebrating their 50 years together is in that state where they don't even want to receive gifts. At their age, they don't want small trinkets that they won't even use.
Create your own Personalized Anniversary love book
Why not give a gift of love?
Make little coupons and label them as passes for taking them to the
movies, treating them to dinner, cooking their favorite meal and doing
errands for them.
- Try to find out what will make their lives a little
easier. If you can give it to them, do so.
- These personalized love books and coupons are a wonderful way to show your parents how much you love them. Fill each page with reasons why you love them and they will cherish the book forever.
A gift of gold doesn't have to be made from gold, there are also beautiful 50th wedding anniversary flowers that are beautiful and golden!
Find your perfect anniversary gift