Home > Directory > Children
Anniversary Gifts For Children
Find your perfect anniversary gift
What do you get your children celebrating an Anniversary?
When it comes to choosing an Anniversary Gift for your
children there are a few key factors to consider;
- It is quite likely you will be the only people
that will remember their anniversary, apart from themselves. So it is important!
- You are an important part of their lives and an Anniversary is the perfect time to show them how much they mean to you.
- Your children may want or need a practical gift
- Or they may like a more traditional anniversary
gift appropriate for this year’s anniversary.
One of the best ways to find out if they need a practical
gift is to ask! Or you may notice that they could do with something.
Either way an Anniversary is a very appropriate time to give a more practical gift, without it looking a bit odd. Not all parents turn up at their children's houses with a new set of mugs or glasses for example.
However an Anniversary is a time of celebration and you
could maybe include the practical gift with a gift from the traditional list
Anniversary Gifts By Year
Here are some more classic Anniversary Gift ideas for your children and their husbands and wives;
1st Anniversary is paper and this could be
- tickets to see a show or their favorite team.
- Their wedding photos in an album
- A book of vouchers for babysitting.
2nd Anniversary is cotton
- New set of table or bed linen
3rd Anniversary is leather
4th is fruit or flowers
- A basket of their favorite fruits or a jar of your best
homemade jam – with the family recipe too
5th anniversary is wood
- Wood is such a practical gift it could be a new chopping
board, wooden handles utensils, bench for their back yard.
6th anniversary is candy or iron
- There are lots of iron kitchen utensils that you probably
wouldn’t buy yourself but would love to have.
7th anniversary is wool or copper
- This could be new throw blankets – make sure you check the
color scheme that they would like!
- Or copper for some funky kitchen bits if
they love cooking.
8th anniversary is bronze
- If they are into their sculpture then there are a number of
bronze statues that would look great.
- Or you could have fun and fill a big jar
or bottle with bronze coins.
9th anniversary is pottery
- They may need a few replacement plates, bowls or cups or
they may feel that those they received for their wedding gift are starting to
look a bit dated. They may even have had their eye on a new set, so best ask
before you buy something so personal.
- Or you could have some fun and buy them
10th anniversary is tin
- You could have loads of fun with this! Tins of food could be
added to a gift basket of all their favorites.
- A new pan to cook them in!
11th Anniversary is steel
- Steel is great if your children love to cook as there are
loads of stainless steel cooking items,
- Or you could go with the dark grey
steel color and find items for the home that you know they will love.
12th Anniversary is silk
- Thinking about what your children would love – silk throws,
pictures or cushion covers
- Or something to wear? There are lots of stunning
silk scarves and ties, as well as silk jewelry that is very pretty.
13th Anniversary is lace
- Lace can come in many forms – a lace table cloth or mats,
doillies, or bed linen.
- You may however find it easier to find a gift that they
will love with a lace pattern or how about baking them an Anniversary Cake and
serving it on a lace doillie?
14th Anniversary is ivory
- Real ivory is not a gift that you would want to gift,
instead look at ivory color and find a gift you know they will love.
15th Anniversary is crystal
- Lots to choose from with crystal!
- Crystal wine glasses, a decanter,
maybe even personalized glasses, crystal ornaments,
- binoculars if they love
walking and nature,
- or a new camera.
- The last two fit the theme as they have
lenses which at one point would have been made from crystal.
20th Anniversary is china
- China works in two ways – new crockery or treating them at
their favorite Chinese restaurant.
25th Anniversary is silver
- This is a big anniversary and one that will bring back many
memories from 25 years ago. You know these two better than anyone and you were
there when they married. A family inspired gift would be perfect.
30th is pearl
- Another big anniversary and this time you will probably want
to go with the color pearl.
- Maybe a photo album filled with memories from the
past 30 years.
40th is ruby
- Ruby is a fab color, a deel red and an obvious gift is a
bottle of red wine, or maybe some new wine glasses.
50th is gold
- A golden anniversary and one to treasure.
Find your perfect anniversary gift