13th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
Your 13th wedding anniversary gift is celebrated with
- lace on the traditional list
- textiles on the modern list
- and with Citrine on the gemstone list
- The Thirteenth Anniversary symbol is lace, representing the beauty of your marriage.
|13th Anniversary Roses
This is a very cute gift and is perfect if you were planning on sending flowers too!
This anniversary bouquet is made entirely out of lace.
More information at JustPaperRoses.
Alternative 13th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
However lace does not lend itself easily to an anniversary gift for your husband and this is where the modern list helps.
On this list you will be
celebrating your 13 years anniversary with fur or textiles, again there are
not many of us that will be looking to buy a fur hat or coat for either
the man or woman in our lives. That leaves us with textiles!
is such a broad term that anything made of material will fit; a canvas print, new clothes, new bags, scarves, tapestrys, rugs, even
curtains - but please don't - we can't think of anyone that would want
to receive these for their anniversary gift. You may want new curtains -
just don't wrap them up!
- If you want to brighten up your decor
then this is a good excuse to go and spend money, refurbish a room and
be generous with your cushions, rugs, throws and dare we say it
- Twists on the textile theme could be; soft and fluffy
new towels with a pamper kit or a spa voucher in the pocket in a robe,
or a new picnic blanket to use on a romantic trip.
- Romantic trips
can be twisted even further with trips to traditional lace making areas.
Malta is a beautiful island in the Mediterranean sea in Southern
Europe, close to Sicily that has lace making as one of their traditional
crafts. The island offers a great holiday for every taste - culture,
sunshine, shopping and nightlife.
- India and Turkey are famous for their carpet and rug making and would be a great extravagant 13th wedding anniversary gift!